You do not need to leave gaps in the wall for future doors or windows. HGTV Home Design for Mac automatically creates an opening when you place a window or door in the wall.
To add a door or window:
- Click the Building Elements button on the toolbar.
Choose Library → Building Elements from the Window menu.
- In the pop-up menu at the top of the pane, specify Doors or Windows.
- Scroll through the thumbnails for the doors or windows.
- Drag a door or window onto a wall.
- As needed, adjust the location of the door or window by moving it along the wall.
- Adjust the parameters of the door or window by changing settings on the Object Properties tab of the Inspector.