You must export the file out as an Excel file for it to work correctly.
- Open Microsoft Outlook.
- In the File menu, select Import and Export.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, select “Export to a file” and click Next.
- In the Export to a File window, select Microsoft Excel and click Next.
- In the Select folder to Export From window, select the Contacts icon and click Next.
- In the Save Exported File As window, type in a filename and click Next.
- The Export Contacts from the Contacts folder should already be checked by default, if not, check the box. Click Finish.
- Outlook will save an excel file in your My Documents folder with the filename you used in step 6.
Now you can import the file into Label Factory using the steps below.
- Open Label Factory.
- Select a pre-made label or one from scratch and open it up.
- Under Database in the menu, select Open.
- In the Open Database window, select Open an External Database via ODBC.
- In the Select Data Source window, under the machine Data Source tab, select Excel Files and click OK.
- In the Select Workbook window, under the directories window, double click on the C: folder and double click on the My Documents folder. You should now see any excel files in your My Documents folder including the one created above in Outlook.
- Select the file and click OK.
- In the Select Table/File window, select Contacts and click OK. This will open the excel database in Label Factory.
To check your database information, go to Database/Edit in the menu. You should see all your records have been imported into the program successfully and you can even add more from there.