We have seen an issue where on some computers, PhotoImpact 13 fails to launch if the screen resolution is set to 800x600. In these situations, the customers experience a problem where nothing happens when they try to launch the program. Nothing appears on the screen to indicate that the program is trying to open other than a brief "busy" mouse cursor. A few of these customers reported hearing a beep when trying to launch the program, but not all of them. None of these customers received any error message. All customers affected by this problem were resolved by increasing their screen resolution to 1024x768 or greater. If you are experiencing this problem, please try increasing your screen resolution to 1024x768 or greater by performing the following steps:
- Close all program windows.
- Using the right mouse button, right-click on an empty area of your Desktop.
- Select the Properties option from the pop-up menu.
- On the Display Properties screen, click on the Settings tab.
- In the Screen Resolution section, click and drag the slider to the left so the resolution shows 1024 by768 or greater.
- Click on the OK button.
- Verify you can view the screen properly with the new settings.
- Click the Yes or OK button if you can still see the screen.
- Restart the computer.
At this point, you should be able to launch PhotoImpact 13 with no problems.