Yes. This version is unable to run on a computer that has the prior version still installed on it. You must uninstall the older version before installing the newer version.
To uninstall the older version:
- Click the Start button.
- Click the Control Panel option. For older versions of Windows, you may need to go to the Setting menu to locate the Control Panel option.
- Double-click the Add or Remove Programs option.
- On the Add or Remove Programs window, scroll through the list and locate the older version of the software.
- Click that item and click the Remove button. If prompted to confirm the removal, click the Yes button.
- Once the older version has been uninstalled, you should be able to install the new version with no problems.