To add text to an image:
- Launch PhotoImpact Pro.
- Go to File and select the Open option.
- On the Open window, browse to the location of the file that you wish to crop.
- Select the file and click the Open button.
- When the image appears in the workspace, select the Text Tool from the toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen, or press the "T" key on your keyboard to select it.
- Move the mouse cursor over the image. There will be a cursor bar that appears next to the arrow.
- Click where you wish the text to start on the image. You will see the flashing cursor appear on the image.
- Adjust the font type, size, color and attributes from the toolbar above the design area.
- Type in the text that you wish to appear.
Note: If you save the image with the text on it, you will not be able to edit it later on. The text is incorporated into the image at that point. To edit the text before you save it, click once on the text so it is highlighted. Then, right-click the text and select the Edit Text option from the pop-up menu.