To crop an image:
- Launch PhotoImpact Pro.
- Go to File and select the Open option.
- On the Open window, browse to the location of the file that you wish to crop.
- Select the file and click the Open button.
- When the image appears in the workspace, select the Standard Selection Tool from the toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen, or press the "M" key on your keyboard to select it.
- Move the mouse cursor over the image.
- Click and hold down your mouse button starting in one corner of the area that you wish to crop.
- While holding the button down, drag to the opposite corner of the area that you wish to crop.
- Once the area is selected properly, release the mouse button. You should now see a square made out of dashed lines surrounding that area.
- Go to the Edit menu and select the Crop option. The original image will disappear and only the selected area will remain.
Note: It is recommended that you save the cropped image with a different file name in order to preserve your original image.