To add elements to a project, you must have a project design open to work with. If you have not already gone through the House Builder Wizard, you may want to do so at this time. Otherwise, you will need to open an existing project to work with. Once you have the project open, you can start to make changes to it.
The view to the interior of the structure may be blocked by the roof. To see the interior, you will need to "hide" the roof. Directions on how to "hide" the roof can be found in this article:
How to hide or show the roof on a HGTV model. (KB027010)
You will most likely want a magnified view of the project to see the details more clearly. To Zoom In, simply go to the View menu, select the Zoom and Navigate sub-menu and then the Zoom In option. You may need to repeat this a couple of times to reach the magnification you desire.
To add an Opening to a project, please follow these sample directions:
- Open the Insert menu.
- Select the Openings option from the menu.
- In the Catalog list on the right-hand side of the screen, click on Arched (Doorways).
- In the Arched (Doorways) list that appears below Catalog, select the 6' Arched top Doorway.
- Hover your mouse over the interior wall in the design area where you want the opening to appear.
- Click the mouse to specify that location.
The opening will now show on the project.