There has been an issue identified with trying to launch HGTV Home Design for Mac under a non-Admin account. When trying to launch it, the application will just close. Our developers are working on a solution to correct this issue. In the meantime, you can use the following to allow a non-Admin account to run HGTV Home Design for Mac:
- Log in to the Admin account.
- Launch the Terminal utility.
- Type the following exactly as shown and press Enter afterwards:
- Then, type the following exactly as shown and press Enter afterwards:
sudo chmod -R 777 "HGTV Home Design.app"
- When prompted for the password, enter the Admin password and press Enter.
- Close the Terminal window.
- Log out of the Admin account and log into the non-Admin account to verify they can use the program.
You can also copy/paste the lines from steps 3 & 4 instead of typing them out. When you get to the password prompt, you will not see any characters as you type in the password.