To do this, there are several things that need to be completed first:
- A database needs to be created
- A field in the database must be dedicated to the barcode number
- A barcode box needs to be created on the label.
- The barcode box needs to be formatted to the correct barcode type.
To tie the information from the database to the barcode field, please perform the following steps:
- Click once in the barcode box. You should see the cursor flashing in the barcode box.
- Go to the Database menu.
- Select the Insert Field option. This will open the Insert Field window.
- Under the Field Names list on the left-hand side, select the barcode field.
- Click on the Insert button.
- Click on the Close button.
At this point, you will see the number showing in the barcode box. If you click away from the box, the barcode should appear.