The first thing that we would suggest is to verify that the envelope is being inserted properly. Often times, there is a diagram on the paper feed/tray that shows the orientation of the envelope. If it is not found there, the directions should be found in the manual for the printer.
When you successfully go through the Envelope print wizard, the images on the steps will match the orientation for the printer. If they do not match, you will need to go through the Envelope print wizard again and double-check the responses that were selected.
To successfully print an envelope, the Printing Preferences must have the paper type set to either the same size envelope, or set to standard letter size (8.5x11).
To check the dimensions of the envelope:
- Launch the program.
- Open the project that you want to print.
- Click the File menu and select the Page Setup option. Note the dimension found in the top right-hand corner of the Page Setup window.
Changing the paper size in Printing Preferences will vary depending on the printer make and model. Please refer to your printer documentation for specific steps.
Typically, the paper size for the printer can be changed in the Printing Preferences window. Perform the following steps to access this:
- Click the Start button
- Click the Control Panel and go to Printers and Faxes. If you are on an older version of Windows, you may need to go to the Settings menu and then select the Printers option.
- Right-click the printer that you want to print on.
- Select the Printing Preferences option from the pop-up menu.
From here, you will look for an option that shows the default paper size that it is printing to. You will switch it to a size the matching envelope the size or to 8.5x11. Once it selected, you will click the OK button to save the changes. Then, print the envelope again.