You can use the Address Book to automatically merge the names or addresses of everyone in the Address Book to multiple copies of a project. This is primarily used for project like Labels or Envelopes.
To perform a Mail Merge:
- Launch Greeting Card Factory.
- Open either an Envelope or Label project. If this is a pre-designed project, you will want to delete the pre-existing address information.
- Go to the File menu and select the Mail Merge option.
- From the Choose Merge Source, select the Address Book option and click OK.
- After a moment, the Insert Text window will appear. You will use this to select the fields that will be displayed on the project.
- Click “FirstName” from the center column and click the Insert Field button. You will now see <<FirstName>> in both the left- and right-hand sides.
- Select and click the Insert Field button for each of the following: “LastName”, “Address1”, “City”, “StateProvince” and “ZipPostalCode”.
- Click the OK button. There will now be a text box showing those fields run together in it.
- Double-click the text box. This will open the Edit Text window.
- Place your cursor between the <<FirstName>> and <<LastName>>. Press your Space bar once.
- Place your cursor between the <<LastName>> and <<Address1>>. Press your Enter key once.
- Place your cursor between the <Address1>> and <<City>>. Press your Enter key once.
- Place spaces between <<City>>, <<StateProvince>>, and <<ZipPostalCode>>.
- Click the OK button.
- Resize and reposition the text box as needed to fit properly on the project.
- Go to File and select Print Preview. You should now see your project with information from the Address Book in place of those field names.
Note: You need to have information in the Address Book entered for this to work.