We have found that this is normally related to either a problem with the printer drivers or the printer paper size is set to one that does not match the Page Setup.
We recommend that the first thing you do is update the printer drivers. Even if you just recently purchased the printer or have no problems printing in other programs, we still recommend you check with the printer manufacturer's website for an update to the drivers. Typically, these are found in either a Driver or Support section on the manufacturer's website. You want to download and install the drivers with the steps provided on the manufacturer's website.
If updating the printer drivers does not resolve your issue, we recommend that you ensure the page size in the Printing Preferences match the dimensions of the project in the Page Setup.
To check the page size in the Printing Preferences:
- Click the Start button.
- Go to the Control Panel option. For older versions of Windows, you may need to go to the Settings menu to locate the Control Panel option.
- On the Control Panel, double-click the Printer and Faxes option.
- Right-click the printer and select the Printing Preferences from the pop-up menu.
From here, we recommend that you check the documentation for your printer to locate the tab that shows the page size. Set it to match the size of the project.
To check the dimensions of the project:
- Launch the program.
- Open the project that you want to print.
- Click the File menu and select the Page Setup option.
Locate the dimensions for the project in the Page Setup window.